We are 100% Safe & Secure! Guaranteed!
Here is a brief explanation of how we protect your information.
When you place your order through Extreme-Mods.com - Your information is 100% safe and secure. We take extensive measures to prevent hackers from accessing our system and stealing your personal information. We do not store credit card information unlike many other companies. We use a trusted 3rd party credit card processing facility (Authorize.Net) to ensure complete security over your vital information. Authorize.Net is the leading credit card processor on the net with an excellent track record for keeping thier customers information safe and secure. Simply said we never see any of your credit card information throughout the entire process. Here is the ordering steps that is taken place to help you understand what is transmitted through the internet when you place an order with us:
1) You, the customer visits our website www.Extreme-Mods.com and find the product(s) you're interested in. You decide you want to place the order and add the product(s) to your shopping cart.
2) Now that the product is in your shopping cart, you select the shipping method then you "Proceed to Checkout" which will bring you to a secured and encrypted 128bit SSL page. On this page and the following pages, anything you transmit through the Extreme-Mods.com server will be end to end secure.
3) When you input your credit card number, this number will go straight to the credit card processor server (Authorize.Net) which also uses a secured and encrypted 128bit SSL connection. The information is sent to the credit card agency to check whether or not your card is approved or declined.
4) Shall your financial institution approve the charge, we will verify everything and begin processing your order. Once your order is shipped, you will receive an email with a tracking number.
As you may have noticed, we use the highly trusted and secure GeoTrust 128bit SSL to transmit data from your computer to our network. We never store credit card numbers on our server. Authorize.Net takes care of all the nessessary credit card processing and our shopping cart provider takes care of the security measures with our shopping cart to make sure all of our software is 100% up to date and fully secured. You will not find another retailer that takes it's security so seriously, we promise.
Important Notice about Other Retailers: Most other retailers use plug-in shopping carts based on open source PHP applications that are hosted on their own cheap/inexpensive web servers and do not take the proper time and measures to update their backend and shopping cart software as often as needed to protect their customers vital information. We use a server hosted by and maintained 24/7 by 3d Cart (shopping cart security specialists). Because the host maintains the software on the server and automatically takes care of the shopping cart software updates and security we can guarantee your time with us will be safe and secure.
We are PCI Compliant: The Payment Card Industry (PCI) Data Security Standard is a joint creation of Visa, Mastercard, Discover and American Express. In response to the growing severity of credit card theft, the PCI Standard was created with the goal of protecting cardholder data wherever it may reside. The PCI has developed industry wide standards for card data security to be followed by both merchants and providers alike. We are 100% PCI/CISP Certified!
The Authorize.Net Payment Gateway manages the complex routing of sensitive customer information through the credit card and electronic check processing networks (see an online payments diagram). Authorize.Net adheres to strict industry standards for payment processing, including:
- 128-bit Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology for secure Internet Protocol (IP) transactions.
- Industry leading encryption hardware, software methods and security protocols to protect customer information.
- Strict compliance with the Payment Card Industry (PCI) Data Security Standard.
Extreme-Mods.com is registered and in good standing with the following companies:
- Authorize.Net - Credit Card Processor
- GeoTrust - SSL Certificate Providers
- Trust Guard - Business Verification Company - Verfies Security, Privacy, Business Location
- Reseller Ratings - Customer Service Webshop Ratings
Paypal - Payment Processor
Google Checkout - Payment Processor
Amazon Simple Pay & Checkout by Amazon - Payment Processor
ScanAlert PCI Compliant: We are McAfee ScanAlert PCI compliant as of June 29, 2007.
If you have any questions or concerns about the safety and security of Extreme-Mods, feel free to Contact us anytime!